An essential requirement for any type of physical healing is to get the nervous system out of the chronic stress state in which most of us reside and into the opposite anti stress state, parasympathetic dominance, which allows for a relaxation, restoration and healing. The cranial nerve that governs this revitalizing system is called the vagus nerve and learning to activate it in myriad ways can mean the difference between healing or not.
Dr. Navaz Habib expertly details how to leverage the vagus nerve for optimal healing in his new book, Activate Your Vagus Nerve: Unleash Your Body’s Natural Ability to Overcome Gut Sensitivities, Inflammation, Autoimmunity, Brain Fog, Anxiety and Depression. In this episode he shares a sneak peek into some of the key processes you can begin using today to turn on this powerhouse of healing and wellness.
• Learn exactly what is the vagus nerve is and its key functions
• Understand the importance of the autonomic nervous system in illness and healing
• See why this is called the Budda nerve and what that means for your health
• Gain insight into how vagus nerve affects immunity and interacts with other body systems positively or negatively
• Learn easy tools and exercises to start activating your vagus nerve today
• Understand why breathing techniques are paramount in any healing program and where to begin
“I’m grateful for my health challenges because they led me to the truth.” – Dr. Kyrin Dunston
“All disease begins in the gut. The vagus nerve turns on the digestive system and starts the path to health in the gut.” – Dr. Navaz Habib
“If you have gastrointestinal disturbance, you have vagus nerve dysfunction.” – Dr. Kyrin Dunston
“The care and feeding of your vagus nerve is paramount to Your Brilliant Health.” – Dr. Kyrin Dunston
“Her Brilliant Health means a woman is healthy and able to spread that health to everybody around her.” – Dr. Navaz Habib
Dr. Navaz Habib’s website – http://drhabib.ca/
Dr. Navaz Habib’s book “Activate Your Vagus Nerve” – http://drhabib.ca/vagus-nerve-book/
Listen to the podcast here: