This is an episode of BiochemSerye entitled “Part 5 – Biochemistry of the Cell”. This is part of a lecture entitled “Introduction to Biochemistry and Biochemical Aspects of the Cell”. This is the introductory lecture given to first-year Biochemistry students of the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Santo Tomas.
Introduction to Biochemistry and the Biochemical Aspects of the Cell Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLobuXSTRnrmAl3_Qkw_P1IDDlkKxmgyG8
Full Video (Video Length 1 hours and 15 minutes): https://youtu.be/BbKi6ExQdxo
Other Episodes of the BiochemSerye “Introduction to Biochemistry and Biochemistry of the Cell”:
1. Part 1 – Introduction to Biochemistry (Video Length – 15 minutes and 28 seconds): https://youtu.be/RUnioyTkoiI
2. Part 2 – Chemical Components of Cells (Video Length – 18 minutes and 50 seconds ): https://youtu.be/saB2MAtLWb8
3. Part 3 – Physical and Chemical Properties of Water (Video Length – 8 minutes and 20 seconds): https://youtu.be/64E_8ZMB_hw
4. Part 4 – Subcellular Fractionation (Video Length – 6 minutes and 12 seconds): https://youtu.be/w8unYm3qFRw
5. Part 5 – Biochemistry of the Cell (Video Length – 22 minutes and 43 seconds): https://youtu.be/bXkyLLr6xbs
6. Part 6 – Compartmentalization (Video Length – 2 minutes and 31 seconds ): https://youtu.be/GfGQezq8ViE
You can slow down the speed and turn on closed captioning if you so desire.
Some of the illustrations and information used in the video were sourced from:
1. Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry, 31st ed Robert Murray, et al
2. Mark’s Basic Medical Biochemistry A Clinical Approach, 5th ed Liberman and Marks
3. Textbook of Biochemistry with Clinical Correlation, 7th ed Thomas Devlin