He’s known for creating Bulletproof Coffee and the Bulletproof Diet, he’s also been called the “Father of Biohacking”, and he’s here to talk about all things fasting.
If you haven’t figured it out yet, my guest Dave Asprey, author of seven books now, comes on the show to share fasting hacks you probably haven’t heard of yet.
Dave and I discuss how to take an individualized approach to fasting, what most people get wrong with it and how to fix those issues, and why women and men may benefit from cycling in and out of ketosis and fasting.
Dave also shares a spiritual approach to fasting, how to work on yourself while fasting, why it’s great to do this, water fasts, when it’s bad to fast, what breaks a fast, and other ways you can fast.
When I mentioned we were diving into all things fasting, I wasn’t kidding.
We also go off on some great tangents around farming and raising animals, commercial meats, fake meats, protein and mTOR regulation, and toxins that cause food cravings.
So while we discuss a lot of topics surrounding fasting, Dave and I jump into other health-related subjects that are just as eye-opening.
As mentioned earlier, Dave Asprey is the founder and chairman of Bulletproof and he’s a three-time New York Times best-selling author. He recently came out with his latest book, Fast This Way, which teaches people his fasting hacks so they can get the most out of this powerful practice.
Dave’s been biohacking for over two decades now and he’s a wealth of knowledge in this space, which is why I couldn’t wait to get him on the show.
On top of biohacking for so long, Dave’s spent $2 million taking control over his own health and has since maintained a 100-pound weight loss.
When you tune in, you’ll hear Dave’s best-kept secrets and how to tailor fasting to meet your individual needs.
Here’s a peek at some of the topics Dave and I get into:
– Using fasting as a tool to improve biological performance, including having more energy and mental clarity
– How fasting can improve your biology and how you feel
– How ketones can help your focus and energy levels
– When it’s not a good idea to fast
– Signs you may not be fasting right
– Water only fasts
– What breaks a fast?
– Why you should have a goal when it comes to fasting
– mTOR, inflammation, insulin levels, and achieving metabolic flexibility
– Gut bacteria and fasting and what to do if you have SIBO
– Protein and mTOR regulation
– Fasting for fat loss
– Foods high in linoleic acid and what Dave recommends with eating these
– The one protein Dave doesn’t eat and why
– Grass fed versus commercially grown meat
– Five toxins that can cause food cravings
– How women should approach fasting and ketosis
– What happens when men overfast or overdo ketosis
– Finding the right length and amount to fast
– When to consider adding carbs back in
– Why you shouldn’t eat when it’s dark
– The spiritual and mental aspects of fasting
– Why you can fast in other ways and how to do that
– The problems with fake meat and Dave’s take on these
Have a question? Comment below or send me a DM on Instagram http://instagram.com/dranthonygustin
Check out my #1 Health and keto podcast at http://perfectketo.com/ketoanswers
Head to http://dranthonygustin.com for more random goodies.
#keto #ketodiet #weightloss #ketogenicdiet #ketosis #perfectketo #ketoplus