*** Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/renatoautore/
*** Follow Kayla’s work https://www.powherprogram.org/ and https://www.biocuriouskayla.com/
Get 10$ off on the best gut test out there: Viome ( insert code “Renato” at checkout for discount ) https://www.viome.com/
— FULL DISCLAIMER: All the content and info shared in this episode, and this podcast is for informational and entertainment purposes only. I am not a doctor, and the shared content through this episode and podcast DOES NOT constitute medical advice. Always consult a doctor for any health-related enquiries. —
In this episode
– Why Brain health is so essential, Brain as software and hardware.
– How to increase Neurogenesis and Neuroplasticity
– Conscious and Subconscious mind
– Relation with psychedelics and the subconscious mind
– Best supplements for memory and cognition
– What is Neuroplasticity and Neurogenesis
– How to increase Neurogenesis: Increase Growth Factors ( Aerobic exercise, for example ), add building blocks ( Choline and Folate for example ), increase positive stress ( exercise, stress, cold thermogenesis and more ) and reduce negative stress ( sleep deprivation, excessive blue light exposure, particularly at night ).
– How Sleep can help to generate new positive neuropathways
– Senescence cells what they are and their potential advantage in neurogenesis if reduced. How having the right balance is essential.
– Neuroplasticity: The ability to re-shape your brain by creating new dominant neuropathways for physiological responses you want more of.
– How to hack Neuroplasticity: Sleep is a must. Having new experiences also stimulates Neuroplasticity ( given that there is repetition ).
– With Neuroplasticity, you can hack behaviours you are not proud of or you would like to change, including how to emotionally respond to public speaking, for example.
– Propensity to be anxious or angry are examples of “negative” pathways you can get rid of by creating new neuropathways through Neuroplasticity.
– Serotonin and Dopamine can be both critical when hacking Neuroplasticity. Gratitude can be a fantastic tool for it.
– Conscious and Sub-conscious mind
– Only 5% of the time you are in the Conscious mind
– Subconscious mind represent the remaining 95% of our behaviour throughout the day
– How can you reprogram your subconscious mind: a shift in perception, psychedelics and more
– Most of your sub-conscious behaviours were “programmed” in your early days
– Psilocybin and depression.
Interesting resources related to this episode:
– Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies: https://maps.org/
– Oura Ring: https://ouraring.com/
– Choline and Folate, plus active vitamin B form: https://iherb.co/AxeWAhz
– Halo Sport: https://www.haloneuro.com/products/halo-sport-2
One of my favourite supplements ( Affiliate Link): https://iherb.co/GhzrKQ9b
The best Biohacking Book out there ( Affiliate Link): https://store.biohackingbook.com/?aff=52
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/renato-capasso/support