In this lecture on Homeostasis (F.Sc. Biology Second Year – Chapter 15) we shall discuss
1. What is shivering and non-shivering thermogenesis?
2. What is the role of brown fat in thermoregulation?
3. How does skin help in thermoregulation in man?
4. Differentiate between vasoconstriction and vasodilation?
5. How does fur help in conserving body heat?
6. What is blubber? Discuss its role in thermoregulation?
7. How does evaporative cooling help to remove extra body heat?
8. How does hypothalamus acts as a thermostat?
9. What is pyrexia or fever?
10. What are pyrogens? Who produces them?
The lecture is according to F.Sc. Pre-Medical Second Year (12th class) Biology textbook of Punjab Curriculum and Textbook Board