What shift workers can do to moderate the adverse effects of circadian rhythm disruption.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter to receive our B12 infographic that covers the latest research takeaways and Dr. Greger’s updated recommendations: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
We are winding down this series on chronobiology. Just two videos left in this series: Shedding Light on Shedding Weight (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/shedding-light-on-shedding-weight) and Why People Gain Weight in the Fall (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-people-gain-weight-in-the-fall).
If you missed any of the earlier ones, see:
• Is Breakfast the Most Important Meal for Weight Loss? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-breakfast-the-most-important-meal-for-weight-loss)
• Is Skipping Breakfast Better for Weight Loss? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-skipping-breakfast-better-for-weight-loss)
• Chronobiology – How Circadian Rhythms Can Control Your Health and Weight (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/chronobiology-how-circadian-rhythms-can-control-your-health-and-weight)
• Eat More Calories in the Morning to Lose Weight (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eat-more-calories-in-the-morning-to-lose-weight)
• Breakfast Like a King, Lunch Like a Prince, Dinner Like a Pauper (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/breakfast-like-a-king-lunch-like-a-prince-dinner-like-a-pauper)
• Eat More Calories in the Morning Than the Evening (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eat-more-calories-in-the-morning-than-the-evening)
• How Circadian Rhythms Affect Blood Sugar Levels (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-circadian-rhythms-affect-blood-sugar-levels)
• How to Sync Your Central Circadian Clock to Your Peripheral Clocks (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-sync-your-central-circadian-clock-to-your-peripheral-clocks)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-metabolic-harms-of-night-shifts-and-irregular-meals and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-metabolic-harms-of-night-shifts-and-irregular-meals. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org