I speak with Functional Nutritional Therapist Marek Doyle about adrenal function. We discuss:
– Why we shouldn’t get bogged down in terminology.
– The true purpose of the stress response.
– The connection between the gut and the adrenals.
– The two different types of leaky gut and why it may be an adaptive response.
– The self-perpetuating cycles that can develop after a triggering event such as a viral infection.
– How, at least initially, low adrenal output (low cortisol) may be an adaptive response (i.e deliberate) which becomes maladaptive over time.
– Foundational, and essential strategies to start restoring optimal function to the adrenals.
You can follow Marek on IG here: https://www.instagram.com/marekdoylenutrition/
His website is: https://www.marekdoyle.com