Why You Should Listen:
In this episode, you will learn about Thiamine Deficiency Disease.
About My Guest:
My guest for this episode is Dr. Chandler Marrs. Chandler Marrs, MS, MA, PhD is an independent health researcher and writer. She is the co-author of the book “Thiamine Deficiency Disease, Dysautonomia, and High Calorie Malnutrition” and the author of over 200 articles on various topics, from women’s health and hormones, medication reactions, to mitochondrial function and dysfunction. She is the founder and editor of the online health journal “Hormones Matter” which boasts a rich archive of over 1400 articles including in-depth research analysis and patient case stories. She is also the founder and administrator of a patient research group on Facebook called “Understanding Mitochondrial Nutrients”. In her spare time, she is a competitive powerlifter and works to support strength sports for older women through her website and Facebook group “Old Ladies Lift”.
– What is thiamine and its fundamental roles in the body?
– How common is thiamine deficiency?
– What is the ideal way to test for thiamine deficiency?
– Does thiamine influence gene expression?
– What role does thiamine play in medication and vaccine reactions?
– What is the connection between thiamine deficiency and dysautonomia?
– Might thiamine play a role in SIBO?
– Can thiamine be helpful for those in a Cell Danger Response state?
– Which environmental stressors may deplete the body of thiamine?
– Does thiamine impact the limbic system?
– How does thiamine lead to hypoxia and resulting sympathetic dominance?
– Does thiamine play a role in glucose regulation?
– Does thiamine repletion have the potential to lead to a worsening of symptoms?
– What is the connection between elevated levels of lactic acid and thiamine deficiency?
– Might toxic mold exposure interfere with the absorption of thiamine?
– Has thiamine repletion been a helpful strategy in CFS/ME patients?
– Does thiamine play a role in methylation?
– Could glyphosate lead to large-scale thiamine deficiency?
– Might thiamine be helpful in autism, PANS/PANDAS, or neurodegenerative conditions such as Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s?
– What form of thiamine is most health-supporting?
Connect With My Guest:
Book – Thiamine Deficiency Disease, Dysautonomia, and High Calorie Malnutrition – https://amzn.to/3qKr6hZ
Article – Hiding in Plain Sight: Modern Thiamine Deficiency – https://www.hormonesmatter.com/modern-thiamine-deficiency-a-new-review-article
March 29, 2022
To review a transcript of this show, visit https://BetterHealthGuy.com/Episode163.
To learn more, visit https://BetterHealthGuy.com.
The content of this show is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness or medical condition. Nothing in today’s discussion is meant to serve as medical advice or as information to facilitate self-treatment. As always, please discuss any potential health-related decisions with your own personal medical authority.