Thursday, February 9, 2023
Mitochondrial Health

Mastering Edema with Dr. Najeeb.



#drnajeeblectures #edema #drnajeeb

Like this video? Sign up now on our website at https://www.DrNajeebLectures.com to access 800+ Exclusive videos on Basic Medical Sciences & Clinical Medicine. These are premium videos (NOT FROM YOUTUBE). All these videos come with English subtitles & download options. Sign up now! Get Lifetime Access for a one-time payment of $99 ONLY!

Why sign up for premium membership? Here’s why!
Membership Features for premium website members.

1. More than 800+ Medical Lectures.
2. Basic Medical Sciences & Clinical Medicine.
3. Mobile-friendly interface with android and iOS apps.
4. English subtitles and new videos every week.
5. Download option for offline video playback.
6. Fanatic customer support and that’s 24/7.
7. Fast video playback option to learn faster.
8. Trusted by over 2M+ students in 190 countries.

Mastering Edema: Types, Causes, Symptoms & Treatment

Excess fluid in body tissues may be intracellular or extracellular. In defining Edema, if we take out the intracellular, we are still left with “extravascular” & “intravascular”.
Intravascular fluid such as blood plasma will not be included in edema. Therefore, we can define Edema as:
Excess fluid in the body tissues that is present in the Extravascular space.

A normal amount of fluid in a 72kg person would be around 42 liters, and it will be divided among the different body compartments like Intra- & Extracellular.
60% of Total Body Weight is simply water while the remaining 40% can be called Lean Body Mass.
If we want to divide Total Body Water (TBW), we can say:
2/3rd of TBW is Intracellular while 1/3rd is Extracellular.

Extracellular is further divided into Intravascular & Extravascular.
Intravascular is blood plasma. Point to be noted here is that RBCs, platelets & other blood cells have fluid in them and their fluid is classified as Intracellular since it is present within the cells.
Blood plasma on the other hand is not only Intravascular but also, by definition Extracellular.

Sign up now on our website at https://www.DrNajeebLectures.com

Follow us on Facebook :- https://www.facebook.com/DrNajeeb/

Follow us on Instagram :- https://www.instagram.com/drnajeeblectures/

source

Similar Posts

29 thoughts on “Mastering Edema with Dr. Najeeb.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.