I think it’s SO incredibly important for everyone to figure out this ONE question because low heart rate training is where you’re going to be spending 70 to 85% of your total training time
The question I was asking myself over and over again was why is my heart rate so high when I run.
Even at a slow pace, even when I’m just warming up, and even when hiking. I think it’s so incredibly important for everyone to figure out this ONE question because low heart rate training is where you’re going to be spending 70 to 85% of your total training time at a low heart rate under your zone 3.
What is the Maffetone Method? Well, it’s Heart Rate Training (a.k.a. MAF Training) and its really all about keeping your heart rate low (zone 2) while running to make sure that you are developing your aerobic system, the ability to burn more fat for fuel and to stay injury-free. MAF stands for maximum aerobic function.
There are lots of Benefits Of Aerobic Base Training For Distance Runners.
Aerobic base training is easily the most important part of every endurance athlete’s training plan. Apart from improving the overall level of fitness, it also prepares the body to tolerate more workload later in the season.
For distance runners in particular this period is a perfect opportunity to gradually increase the total duration of your runs and overall weekly mileage.
Buy Me A Coffee – https://www.buymeacoffee.com/davewatersS
✅ ??SUBSCRIBE: https://www.youtube.com/theplantpoweredrunner
(thanks for liking and sharing! ?)
✅???Join this channel to get access to perks:
??THE PLANT-POWERED RUNNER STRAVA RUN CLUB!??
??DISCORD COMMUNITY VOICE AND TEXT CHAT (FREE TO USE)
?FOLLOW DAVID ON SOCIAL MEDIA??
?Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/theplantpoweredrunner_
?Email updates: [email protected]
?Spotify Podcasts – https://open.spotify.com/show/3DSKM3wuQ3YLqUE9cEqVxu
?Apple Podcast – https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-plant-powered-runner/id1547055937
Thanks for watching! Leave a comment or question.
￼#Maffatone #MAFMethod #HeartRateTraining￼
1 Year Of MAF Training – The Results Are In
** PART 1 After 1000 Miles of MAF Training & 4 Months of Dedication This Is What Happened https://youtu.be/WDJBQzfv_Js
** PART 2 Maffetone Low HR Training After 2800 Miles – https://youtu.be/twna3KHbnFI
** 5 Benefits of Running 2 Hrs – The 2 Hour Principal https://youtu.be/uNE0V4AJZpk
Why I Think People Struggle With The Maffetone Method https://youtu.be/mruvSnyHj48
Maffetone Method for Beginners | Low Heart Rate Training
Will The Maffetone Method Improve My 10km Time? – Here’s PROOF That Running By Heart Rate Work – https://youtu.be/SEIJlKT1Ifw
My watch I use Coros APEX: https://amzn.to/36AMp8A
⬇️The Plant-Powered Running Store ⬇️
• Coros Apex: https://amzn.to/36AMp8A
• Petzl headlamp: https://amzn.to/2RBcsYW
Winter Running Gear that I use:
• New Balance Winter Jacket:https://amzn.to/38L8lPZ
• Just my Nike Hat: https://amzn.to/2RXrVBD
• Nike Running Tights for Winter: https://amzn.to/2RCGNXp
Recovery Gear that I use daily:
• Stretching Mat: https://amzn.to/2RA1bZ8
• Pain relief cream, Deep Blue Rub from doTerra: https://amzn.to/37EiNZd
• Recovery Compressport calf sleeves: https://amzn.to/38MYBo9
• Compressport underwear/half tights: https://amzn.to/3aXt0SX
• Foot massage: https://amzn.to/2U5BpO3
• Foam Roller 1: https://amzn.to/2S2RVfb
• Foam Roller: https://amzn.to/2GuMdNL
• Trail Altra Superior 3.5: https://amzn.to/2GuLv31
• Road Altra Torin 4.0: https://amzn.to/38OidIz
Some of my favorite Running Gear from Amazon
• Squirrel’s Nut Butter Anti-Chafing Salve: https://amzn.to/2RAknWE
• Nathan Handheld Insulated Water Bottle: https://amzn.to/37DceGn
• Goodr Sunglasses: https://amzn.to/37OE2HO
• Flipbelt to carry your keys, phone, and other stuff: https://amzn.to/314rhX4